A leader is any individual who influences their world and in return is willing to be influenced by their world, regardless of position or title.™
– Carpenter Smith Consulting, llc
Be a leader. Create meaning and satisfaction in your work life.
We believe that leadership takes many forms, including leading yourself to find more texture, meaning, and success in your career.
Integrating the latest research from thought leaders as well as our years of experience, we’ll support you in identifying what you want to offer in the workplace and what you need from the workplace to find meaning and satisfaction.
- A thorough assessment to discover what’s meaningful to you.
- Identifying the criteria that will guide your career transition.
- Developing a script to teach others how you can be a solution to their work efforts.
- Negotiating and navigating new possibilities with your current employer (if that opportunity exists), launching a job search, or pursuing more education.
“Stephanie was masterful at bringing clarity to things and helping me to look at the big picture—something I was not doing.
She helped me realize that opening my own firm was not only the right move for my health and sanity, but that it could actually work from a financial perspective. She was instrumental in my decision – and my biggest cheerleader!
With her guidance and support, I left the most horrible job ever and opened a very successful PR firm! My life is 1000x more enjoyable.”
– Angie Galifanis, Owner/President @ Lawrence PR, Portland, OR
“Heather understands that people’s careers, whatever shape they are in, are indeed personal. She is not afraid to take the deep dive and work through the emotion and complexity of the issues.
Her compassion, grace and humor always left me feeling inspired and confident.”
– Theresa Provitola, Principal & CEO @ Provitola Artworks, Vancouver, WA
“The personal investment I have chosen to make in my career has benefitted from having Linda ‘in my corner.’ The paradigm that she lives by in her leadership coaching is to develop more confident leaders by supporting them in learning how to influence and be influenced by others. She has asked tough questions and encouraged me to find the best answers. Personal development outlives changes in jobs and the workplace and is its own reward. I am grateful to have Linda as a partner and coach.
– Jackie Willingham, Vice President Benefits @ The Standard, Portland, OR
We can support you in:
- Presenting yourself with your current employer in new and increasingly effective and impactful ways.
- Networking and building contacts in your community and in others to further your exploration of new opportunities.
- Creating a powerful, succinct resume that teaches employers what they get when they get you and how that’s a solution to their needs.
- Refining your interviewing skills so that you build effective connections with hiring managers and potential employers.
To ensure the best fit between our skills and your needs, we offer a discounted initial consultation. For half of our normal fee, we meet to identify your hopes, goals, and needs for our work and to teach you how we would work together to satisfy those needs. If we determine, together, that career coaching makes sense, we’ll schedule a series of meetings to move forward.