Recently, we were at a party where a few people were talking about wanting to be more like various athletes, business notables, and stars. One of the people in the group said, “I think that when we’re greeted in the afterlife, we won’t be asked why we weren’t more like these famous people we talked about today. Instead, we’ll be asked why we weren’t more fully ourselves!”
Wow, what a powerful thought!
that perhaps your job here on earth
is to become fully yourself.
Most of us are quick to assess who we are in comparison to others. Instead, shift to assessing who you are in light of your potential to be fully yourself, with your unique gifts and talents, your distinct passions, and the ways you build connection and community.
What would you do differently if you believed that you were on this earth to overcome the messages that keep you small, the comparisons that insist you should be different, and the wounds and fears that life has inflicted on you?
Take some time this week to consider the following questions:
- What would you do if you were in this life in order to explore and experience your unique gifts and talents fully?
- How would you talk about yourself to your boss?
- What would you want to do more of and less of in your work?
- What would you envision might be your future career path?
- What would you do if you believed that you were worthy of respect and love?
- How would you relate differently to the people you love and who love you?
- What relationships would you work to deepen? Which would you step away from?
- What support would you get for growing in your ability to have rich, deep, and caring relationships with a partner, your family, your co-workers, your community?
- What would you do if you believed that you’re a creative person who can stretch into doing more of what brings you meaning and purpose?
- How would this impact your choice of work?
- Where would you go to explore your creative expression and the ways you could use it to contribute to your world?
- How would you weave your passion, meaning, and purpose more fully into your life and work?
Living fully is a great act of courage. You’re worth it!
gifts and talents, contact us today
about our coaching services.