Good morning, instead of a narrative today, we have a hot seat moment for you: What is your brand?
Your “brand” is a combination of your values, your contributions, your attributes, and it is the essence of what you offer to the world.
- In the next 30 seconds, write down the 3-5 things that best describe Brand You.
- Do you like what you wrote?
- Do you feel proud of your brand?
Now, identify 2 people who know you and ask them to describe the 3-5 things about you that they think make up Brand You!
- Did they describe Brand You as you described your brand?
- Does their description of Brand You make you feel proud of yourself?
- Is there anything you wished they had said that they didn’t?
Next, re-write your brand using both sets of information and then add anything that you want your brand to be known for. Then set about making it happen.
Changing a brand identity takes time and effort.
Defining your Brand, and the narrative that goes with your brand, is an important part of being able to be authentic in your role – whether you’re the CEO or the new line staff.
Take some time today to figure out your brand! Trust us, this stuff matters.
– Your Coaches and Allies at Carpenter Smith Consulting