We’re taking a break from our recent Leader in You® posts to take a moment to honor Labor Day and YOU.
The research is continuing to show that employees are feeling overworked, under-appreciated, and in general, burned out.
The articles and our clients often say things like:
- I’m always putting out fires but don’t ever feel a sense of accomplishment.
- I don’t feel that my employer values my skillset—no matter how hard I work.
- I have a different way of thinking and processing than my company and I continue to feel that “I’m wrong.”
- I’m in so many meetings every day, it’s just not possible to get caught up. I don’t feel that my employer cares about my well-being.
- As the hours tick by on Sunday night, I feel more and more anxious.
But, what can you do? You can consider the possibilities of one or two small changes that will give you some space.
We’ve published various posts over the years to help you consider new ways of being in the world, that will allow you some of that space to breathe, to laugh, to rest, and to dream. Some space to feel more fulfilled and satisfied.
Today, we thought we’d share a few links to some of our top well-being posts as a reminder to be good to yourself. You matter.
- Meeting Makeovers
- Burnout Nuggets Recap
- It’s Not the Right Fit
- Is It Time to Leave?
- Retrain Your Brain
Consider what it would look like to take care of YOU.
How do you want to spend the moments of your precious life? Would it be to:
- Create and attend fewer meetings.
- Find a company that is a good fit for your skills and values.
- Assess what/how much you take on.
- Find ways to share your burden (both personally and professionally).
- Make choices that are in alignment with your Life Priorities.
If you’re ending your days without any sense of satisfaction or fulfillment, and can’t remember the last time you took care of yourself, today is a great day to start that. The world needs you!
We’d love to hear what speaks to you from this list.