Last week, we talked about the recent New York Times article on Languishing, that space in-between wellness, and hopelessness. The response to this post was incredible as many of you shared your experience of the in-between and your questions about how to move forward when you’re feeling so blah.
We understand the dilemma; you know you “should” workout, meditate, eat right, etc. but these things add additional overwhelm to the weight of life. So over the next few weeks, we’re going to be sharing Wellness Nuggets; some simple ways to move out of languishing and closer to well-being.
This week, we’re sharing wellness nuggets to help you focus on your emotional health. Emotional health is strengthened as you connect with yourself and others. It’s in those moments when you feel compassion, love, and genuine caring for yourself and others.
Linda has found that her go-to Wellness Nugget for emotional health is sitting in her living room with her dog on her lap thinking about all the things she is grateful for.
Additional Wellness Nuggets for Emotional Health:
- 30 seconds: Set reminders on your phone to pause and breathe throughout the day. Intentional breathing is very soothing to your emotional state.
- 10-15 minutes: Read something that interests you, before bed or at lunch.
- 3-5 minutes: Take a break to sing and/or dance to a favorite song.
- 10 minutes: Call or text a loved one just to say hello and that you’re thinking of them.
- Put up some reminders to help you commit to staying off social media one day a week.
- 3 minutes to 2 hours: Watch something funny and laugh until you cry.
- 1 minute to 1 hour: Sit and wonder. Start to imagine your dream for the future.
- 5+ minutes: Color, paint, sketch . . . let your mind be unconstrained by the rules.
Think small nuggets throughout your days and weeks!
Look at the list above and see if there is anything that speaks to you. Where are the opportunities to allow things to flow a bit more? What one new small action (or inaction!) can you add to your days to bring you back to yourself?
Try just one little thing this week and let us know how it goes. We’re here to support you on your wellness journey!
How can we
If you’d like support in moving from languishing to greater well-being, contact us today.