Today we’d like you to spend some time thinking about how you can lead your life and lead in your life.
Our short exercise below can help you to:
- live in alignment with your purpose
- have some influence and control over your day-to-day life
- have a sense of connection and camaraderie
- have opportunities for doing good work and believing your work is meaningful
The power of intentionally leading in your own life gives you a sense of control and authority—which can counter burnout.
Often leadership is thought of as a role or title. Really it’s a way of being in the world that lets you effectively lead your life and lead in your life.
Our Leader in You framework has 3 key steps to help you take back a sense of authority and control in your life and work. These are extremely important in preventing and recovering from burnout.
- Pause and ask yourself, “Is what I’m about to do or say in alignment with my purpose and goals?”
- When we say “goals” we mean both your life purpose and your long and short term goals.
- Not sure about your purpose and goals? Click to read our previous post about choosing your theme for the year and setting your goals.
- Reflect in a way that gives you powerful information on what you are afraid of in life or in a particular situation.
- Then think about how you typically react to fear and what you’d do if you felt safe, confident, and fueled.
- Then do that!
3. Act with POWER
- Consider what’s Possible in the situation.
- Own why it matters to you to reconnect with your purpose.
- Create some We-focused goals (goals that you can share with others in your life).
- Enable action (movement toward what matters to you is healing and fueling).
- Review and Refine so that you learn from what worked and didn’t work.
- Then do it again!
You can do this! It will take practice, but your life will be forever changed if you step into your leadership and your power.
To help you remember these steps, download our helpful action guide and pocket card by clicking below.
Please select the “Actual size” option when printing the pocket card.
Your Coaches and Allies at Carpenter Smith Consulting