Recently, we’ve been talking about “Wellness Nuggets” – a small way to help you move out of Languishing and closer to overall well-being. In our two posts, we shared some suggestions to help you focus on your emotional health and your physical health.
This week, we’re focusing on small actions you can take to help to move you from languishing to spiritual health and wellness.
Spiritual health comes from feeling connected with something larger than yourself that brings you a sense of meaning and purpose.
For some of you, it may be a sense of what you’re here on earth to do, and for others, it could be a connection with God or the Universe, the profound wisdom of nature, or from appreciating all that you have in life.
For Heather, it’s sitting outside in solitude and saying to herself or to God, “I love you and I’m listening. What’s the next right step?” Often, just quieting her mind for 5-10 minutes can help bring her clarity.
Additional Wellness Nuggets for Spiritual Health:
- 30 seconds: Set reminders on your phone to pause and breathe.
- 1-2 minutes: Grab moments of solitude.
- 2-5 minutes: Jot down something you’re grateful for every day and share it with a friend.
- 5 minutes: Meditate each morning or evening.
- 10-15 minutes: Spend time outside.
- Bring your neighbor’s trash cans in from the curb when you bring yours in.
- Attend a church or other spiritual/inspiring service in-person or online.
We know you have lots on your plate and our hope is that these Wellness Nuggets will give you some simple ideas for ways you can take care of your wellbeing.
We’ve created a handy pdf so you can see all of the nuggets in one place. Consider hanging it somewhere you’ll see it often so that you’ll be reminded to grab some moments for YOU.
Try just one little thing this week and let us know how it goes. We’re here to support you on your wellness journey!
How can we
If you’d like support in moving from languishing to greater well-being, contact us today.