Here in the United States, this is Thanksgiving week, celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. It’s a day that we here at Carpenter Smith Consulting use to remind us of all that we are and all that we have.
As coaches, we recognize the power of gratitude and giving thanks while moving through life. Life brings with it all kinds of things including: demands at work, managing change, dealing with challenges, facing losses, experiencing grief, as well as the opportunity to connect with others and yourself.
In the spirit of giving thanks, we offer you this quote from Henry David Thoreau:
“I am grateful for what I am and have.
My thanksgiving is perpetual.
It is surprising how contented one can be with
nothing definite – only a sense of existence.”
– Henry David Thoreau in a letter to Harrison Gray Otis Blake (Dec. 1856)
Take some time this week to reflect on what you’re grateful for by answering the following questions:
- What are you grateful for about who you are / who you have become?
- What are you grateful for in what you have?
- Who are you grateful for in your life?
- What one thing can you do to come back to gratitude day after day?
- What can you do today to begin to create a life of contentment?
Thanksgiving is a perfect opportunity to take just a moment to consider all that you have and all that you are.
We are grateful for you!