Over the past couple of weeks, we’ve talked about The Power of Breathing and The Power of Boundaries in helping you find a bit of mental space in your days so that you don’t feel so overwhelmed and burned out.
The goal is to find a balance in your life
and to make more choiceful decisions
that are in alignment with your vision of success.
Today, we’re talking about the Power of Laughter and the various health benefits that a good belly laugh can afford you.
In a 2021 article on the Mayo Clinic’s website called, Stress Relief from Laughter? It’s No Joke, we see that laughter has both short-term and long-term benefits.
As the article notes, some great health benefits from laughter are that:
- We send more oxygen to our heart, lungs, and muscles, and get a boost of endorphins.
- We can find it easier to connect with others, deal with difficult situations, and feel happier and more physically and mentally relaxed.
- Our bodies release neuropeptides which can help to decrease stress and increase good hormones like oxytocin.
Maybe laughter really is the best medicine!
Are you getting enough laughter into your days? If not, take a look at the list we’ve curated below. Try a few of these over the next week and let us know how it goes.
- Share a funny video/picture with a friend.
- Watch your favorite comedy.
- Read a funny book.
- Spend time with a child.
- Play a fun game with loved ones.
- Watch pets play.
We hope these recent posts have reminded you of some simple ways you can steer yourself away from burnout and overwhelm and get some more joy and satisfaction into your days.
As always, let us know how you’re doing.