We appreciate those of you who took the time to tell us about your experiences with COVID life and your hopes for the future – beyond COVID.
Here’s what we heard from you:
- When asked what the most satisfying aspect of your life and work over the past year has been, the top three answers were: less time commuting, more time with family, and better self-care.
- When asked what the least satisfying aspect of your life and work over the past year has been, the top three answers were: no boundaries between work/life, no self-care, and a sense of loss of connection (in both work and personal life).
- When asked what’s most important to you over the next 1-3 years, the top three answers were: more time with loved ones, a combination of virtual and in-office work, and more self-care.
By reflecting on where you’ve been and where you want to be in the future, you can start to take action to move your life in the direction you want it to go.
So, what’s next? What needs to change
in order for you to live
the post-COVID life you desire?
Let’s start by assessing where you are currently, and then identifying what would need to change so that you’re living a life that’s more aligned with what your heart wants.
Take a look at the list below and check all that you want in your work:
- The flexibility to spend time with my family.
- The ability to work a hybrid schedule – some at home, some at the office.
- Work that is more than a paycheck to me.
- A position where I can learn and develop new skills.
- Work that inspires me and offers me an opportunity to feel valued for my contributions.
- An office setting where I feel cared for as a person.
- A position where I lead with the skills and strengths I most love to use.
- A collaborative and supportive environment.
Now, think about your current work-life to see how it rates. Ask yourself, “Would I apply for (and be thrilled to be offered) the job I currently have?” If the answer is no, then it may be time to consider how to move toward work that will bring you more of what you want.
If you pause from time to time
to look ahead and plan where you want to be,
you can move closer to work that’s
that’s engaging, inspiring, and impactful.
Let us know if we can be helpful as you think about what’s next.
How can we support you?
If you’re unsure how to move closer to work that’s more engaging, contact us today about our Career Coaching.